Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Under Construction



Oh...this is how it starts...lightening strikes the heart...sings Colby Calliat.  This isn't a blog to discuss song lyrics, although that would be a fun post (jotting down in my "good ideas" notebook).  They'll happen.  Just how my brain works.

I'm starting this blog as a healing adventure.  Healing.  Anyone else know how it feels to need to heal? Of course you do...whether it's a skinned knee or a broken relationship.  Healing needs to take place.

See...I think i got a double whammy.  After years of therapy, romantic get-aways, late night talks, I realized my marriage was kaput.  I was headed for a D.I.V.O.R.C.E.  Ugh.

Just two months after signing off from a 20 year relationship, my mom was diagnosed with lung cancer...that took most of her organs hostage.

Broken Heart.  Big fat ugly one. Sigh.

I can recite all of the platitudes.  God doesn't close a door without opening a window.  Or...everything happens for a reason.  Or...love stinks. 

Not in a million years did I imagine myself renting a house, part time parenting, working at a coffee shop (well...maybe that part) and loving a coupla fur babies.  Wha.....t? 

But.  I'm starting to See.  Sometimes it is Suddenly.  Sometimes it's slooooooow.  Life works out.

Please don't think this will only be a weepy chic blog.  We're gonna talk about other stuff.  Parenting.  Dating in your 40s. Wine. Dogs. Friends.  Coffee. Writing.  Stay tuned!

Anyone else wanna talk about their own healing journey?  Or just say "hi"? Leave a comment.  Or lurk.  No sweat.

8 Comments:

At May 7, 2014 at 4:45 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is a work in progress...patience please!

 
At May 7, 2014 at 5:41 AM , Blogger Andy said...

Good for you! Welcome to the blogosphere.
I "technically" have a blog, too... but I've never publicized it... and, for some reason, it's not getting much traffic. :)
(Though, oddly enough, there have been 2 pageviews from Germany. I'm pretty sure almost all other views were me refreshing the pages, validating links, and checking the formatting, but there are 2 views from a Firefox browser by someone in Germany... who knew?)

 
At May 7, 2014 at 5:49 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Jennifer! Thx for popping in!

 
At May 7, 2014 at 6:02 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey spamwise! Have you been to the museum in Austin? thanks for the welcome!

 
At May 7, 2014 at 6:03 AM , Blogger Susan Sey said...

Love it! Can't wait to see where you take this!

 
At May 7, 2014 at 8:37 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Me too! Hope it isn't one -awake too early- dealing.

 
At May 7, 2014 at 9:03 AM , Blogger Laramie Sasseville said...

Hi, Amy! Sounds like you're on a journey a lot of us can relate to. Go for it!

 
At May 8, 2014 at 6:23 AM , Blogger Andy said...

Hah. That's funny. I didn't even realize that it would post my name as spamwise. (I was having other issues with the comment system, and didn't get to review my post.)
This is Andy. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home