Thursday, May 8, 2014

Potential Boundary Issues





Happy Thursday!  See?  I made it back to the keyboard.  My fingers aren't moving very fast and I'm wondering if this blog-thing was just a crazy notion at 4am yesterday when the dogs woke me up with battle of girl dog's favorite ball.

But I'm back.

There is a silly notion out there that some things should be kept private. As in *for your eyes only* private.  Diary private.  But I've decided that the best way for me to deal with healing is to make a public spectacle out of it.  Surprised?  Me neither.

One visit with my therapist I glanced over her shoulder and saw her write...Potential Boundary Issues. Interesting.

But for me...sharing my feelings gives them the energy they need to pack up and move outta my brain.  Done deal.  Not crying on people's shoulders sharing. Just being honest.  Because we are all on this crazy tilt a whirl adventure called *life* together.  We're stuck with each other.

And...just maybe something I say might ring-a-ling in your own brain.

My mom had a gift.  She could wrap her words around you like a big hug.  Made you feel so much better.  I hope the apple didn't fall far from the tree and has potential boundary issues.

3 Comments:

At May 8, 2014 at 6:24 AM , Blogger Susan Sey said...

I love that you were sneaking looks at your therapist's notes. I totally would, too. And if you have boundary issues, I wish we all did. I love conversations with you, because they're no-holds-barred. The Real Deal, every time. And that's awesome.

 
At May 8, 2014 at 6:40 AM , Blogger Jody Vitek said...

I'm with Susan! I love our conversations and am enjoying your new blogging endeavor. I think sometimes hold back is unhealthy, yet sometimes, can get you into trouble. But then you have to move on on the road of life.

 
At May 8, 2014 at 7:13 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Well then stand back girls...Loves to both of you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home