Sunday, July 20, 2014

Another year wiser...

Yesterday I celebrated the 16th anniversary of my 29th birthday.  If you don't have enough fingers and toes...that comes to 45.  Uff dah. 

I ran through a list of options on how to spend the day...house party?  Feed my Starving Children? Valleyfair?  Beach? Bars? Bumming around?  I landed on a few days at Grandma's cabin.  A little off the grid and far enough from the crazy.

The theme of the day was "can we do it on the pontoon?"  Coffee and donuts.  Watching Loons, Bald Eagles, Blue Herons. Cruising to the sand bar. Summer Shandy. Peanut M&M's.  Dipping toes in the water with pups and kids. Nap. Reading my book. Mini Twix/Snickers/Milky Way. Listening to the kids play on the rubber raft and catch fish. Watching the stars.  Singing songs.  Chatting with my kids. All on the pontoon. 

Sadly the wind was brisk and the water still hasn't warmed up much.  Swimming will have to wait until next time.

I decided to add the fur babies along with my human babies for this weekend.  They did enjoy it, although Peek-a-poo #2 dove off of the pontoon...literally flew...to swim to the neighbors dock.  She was sure she could eat their English Sheep Dog, but didn't plan on how far the swim was or how she'd get up to the dock.  About halfway there, her four inch legs pooped out.

"Now what are you gonna do?"  I asked.

She had a little panic on her face, but i knew the water was only 18 inches deep.  Her chance of drowning was quite slim.  She made it to shore.  Cold.  Scared. Still thinking she could whoop that Sheep Dog.

So, with the help of my brother and his friend, Paul, we decided my theme for this year is to live a little more like Daisy, peek-a-poo #2.  Don't worry, i won't be quite as neurotic.  Unlike her, i can play nice with others. 

I'll be less afraid to take a leap.  I can always head back to shore.  And know that someone who loves me will warm me up with a towel and a snuggle.

1 Comments:

At July 20, 2014 at 11:54 PM , Blogger Marina said...

Happy Birthday, Amy. It sounds like you had a good day. I wish you much happiness for the new year in your life.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home